Organization is key in the construction industry. This is especially so on the logistical front. Most construction companies require the filing of a construction daily report at the end of a work day. Here's a way to submit an informative report that provides all of the important information.
What Is a Construction Daily Report?
A construction daily report is a report that the construction site manager submits to the office at the end of each work day. It summarizes all of the work that was performed on site that day. The report should be detailed and include the most pertinent information, such as:
- Completed work
- Delays and the causes, such as bad weather or machine breakdown
- Safety incidents and/or onsite injuries
- Excavator and other equipment usage
- Damaged equipment and supplies
Sections to Include in a Construction Daily Report
Most construction daily reports these days are done online and shared via the cloud. Various templates are available and free. Software is also available where you can customize your own template.
A general report should include the following sections:
- Cover page containing the project name, date, and worksite location
- Job details: this should be detailed and include the specific work done (e.g. demolition, excavation, etc.)
- Crew List: This should include every crew member present on site that day. Names should be divided into categories according to their team or department.
- Materials: this includes the quantity at the worksite, the amount used, and the amount remaining.
- Equipment List: this is similar to the crew list. Include all equipment divided by category. Include the number of hours each equipment was in use. Have a subcategory for attachments, such as breakers and hoe packs.
Need an Excavator?
Learn about us and our extensive inventory. Contact Active Excavator Rentals to enquire about equipment rental. Whether you own or rent machinery and equipment, log its use must in your construction daily report.
Excavator and Attachment Rentals
Serving Monroe, Anacortes, Arlington, Bellingham, Bothell, Burlington, Mt. Vernon, Stanwood, Sedro-Woolley, Marysville, Granite Falls, Everett, Mukilteo, Edmonds, Snohomish, Lynnwood, Woodinville, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek, Shoreline, Seattle, Redmond, Woodinville, Bellevue, Sammamish, Issaquah, Renton, Kent, Des Moines, Fife, Tacoma, Milton, Puyallup, Bonney Lake, Auburn, Covington, Maple Valley, Burien, Tukwila, Olympia, Lakewood, Lacey, Kenmore