Safety practices must be enforced before using heavy machinery--no exceptions! Besides following OSHA guidelines and having a safety guide, you also need to service your construction vehicles and tools. To ensure optimal operating conditions and prevent bodily injury, don’t use any machinery without following an excavator safety checklist.
Pre-Operation Excavator Safety Checklist in Everett
- Inspect the construction zone to be certain you have ample moving space for the excavator. The needed space will differ depending on whether you're operating a conventional or zero swing excavator.
- Confirm the locking pins and safety clip are in place before turning on the excavator.
- Test the boom arm and the breaker and hoe pack. Check for greater-than-normal movement in the arm. Keep your ears open for irregular grinding sounds.
- Inspect the suspension for wear in the rollers, idler wheels, track links, and sprockets.
- Open the engine bay and pull out the dipstick to check the oil. Do this for every four hours of excavator use.
We conduct comprehensive safety inspections on all excavators before putting them on inventory for rent. Even so, renters still need to do their own pre-operation checkups.
Safety Checklist During Operation
- Don’t elevate the boom arm too high when shuttling debris. This obstructs the operator's line of sight.
- Excavators aren’t designed to accommodate passengers. Never allow workers beyond the operator to be inside the cab.
- If ascending a slope, move vertically and refrain from going in a diagonal direction.
- When descending a slope, be sure the attachment is parallel against the floor
- If digging trenches, keep spoil piles at least two feet from the trench to prevent a cave-in
We Follow all Excavator Maintenance Recommendations
At Active Excavator Rentals, our excavators are subjected to industry-standard servicing. Learn about us and rent from us for your next construction project. The above excavator safety checklist enforces employee welfare and also reduces needless accidents.
Excavator Safety Checklist for Safe Operation in Everett
Serving Monroe, Anacortes, Arlington, Bellingham, Bothell, Burlington, Mt. Vernon, Stanwood, Sedro-Woolley, Marysville, Granite Falls, Everett, Mukilteo, Edmonds, Snohomish, Lynnwood, Woodinville, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek, Shoreline, Seattle, Redmond, Woodinville, Bellevue, Sammamish, Issaquah, Renton, Kent, Des Moines, Fife, Tacoma, Milton, Puyallup, Bonney Lake, Auburn, Covington, Maple Valley, Burien, Tukwila, Olympia, Lakewood, Lacey, Kenmore